Architectural engineering: It is the art and science of designing, planning and constructing buildings and facilities so that the human being can cover material or moral needs, using different building materials and construction methods. The field of architecture expands to include various types of sciences from history, mathematics, science, technology, psychology, philosophy, management and law as well! All these sciences are important to the architect, so that he can understand man, his thinking, his life, his history, and the factors affecting his psyche, and thus create human structures in which a person can live and adapt to them.
The term architecture is a general term to describe buildings and physical installations, and it is also the method of designing and constructing buildings and facilities. The term architecture is also used to include all other systems such as computer architecture and software architecture, especially in the field of information technology.
Architecture is also known as the art of forming volumes and spaces dedicated to embracing all human and social functions and activities, and it reflects in its features the technical and cultural achievements and the aesthetic and spiritual aspirations of society in a given environment and a specific historical period.
It is the art of decorating an interior space such as a room, so that it is attractive, easy to use, and in line with the architecture. The goal of interior decorating is to provide some “feel” to a space. It includes applying wall paint, wallpaper, and other floors and ceilings, choosing furniture and fixtures such as lamps, providing suitable movement space, and allocating spaces or spaces such as adding paintings, sculptures and carpets. Often these studies take place within the interior architecture. Sometimes an exchange takes place between the engineer and the owner to choose and display interior items within the space, such as furniture, decorations, and accessories, and the design room. And interior designs, on the other hand, involve coordination and creativity of beautiful forms on the internal architectural manipulation of space.
Interior designer job
- Analyzing client needs and goals.
- Seeking knowledge of interior design.
- A preliminary visualization of the functional and aesthetic aspect, the idea and the suitability of the standard criteria.
- Developing and presenting a final proposed design through appropriate display means.
- Preparing work drawings and specifications for building materials and various details, materials, finishes, furniture and fixtures such as bathroom and equipment and matching it with the system and scientific evidence.
- Cooperating with professional services and obtaining technical licenses in the mechanical, electrical, loads, and requirements for approval.
- Preparing client contracts.
- Review and evaluate the design during implementation and after completion of the project.
Similarities between architects and interior designers
- They are both qualified to create solutions to design problems for vacuum.
- Architecture and interior design are both science and art
- There are many technical and technical aspects that have to be well understood by them.
- Architects and interior designers usually have varied skills.
- Both of them should be kept abreast of the latest news and technologies in their field
- They are creative and distinguished people
- They are constantly learning to access the latest technologies in their field
In general, architects and their job: to design the house from the inside and outside and include electricity and plumbing, and focus on the elements of exterior design and interior decoration, fixing tiles, floors, lighting, and others.
Interior designers their job: Interior design of the home (all rooms) including lighting, choice of tiles and flooring, focus on interior materials, finishes, appliances, furniture, textiles, paint color and wallpaper.